Ashby Museum is located in the old National School building with Ashby Library and Tourist Information Centre. It is a Registered Charity run by a group of trustees supported by around 70 volunteers.
Coleorton Post Office and Store
The Coleorton Post Office and Store is located in the heart of the village. It sells an extensive range of groceries, fresh and frozen products, newspapers, stationery and household goods, as well as most standard post office services including banking, bill payments and travel money. Full post office services and opening hours can be seen on the Post Office website. There is a defibrillator for public use on the outside of the building.
Griffydam Primary School
Griffydam Primary School, located on Top Road, was officially opened in November 1936 with 60 pupils. The school continues to thrive today providing education for Early Years foundation (0-5 years), Key Stage 1(5-7 years) and Key Stage 2 (7-11 years).
North West Leicestershire District Council
Coleorton’s district authority. Coleorton Parish is within the Valley Ward (most parts of the parish to the south) and Worthington & Breedon Ward (north part of the parish inc Coleorton Hall & Lount)
St. Mary’s Church
Situated just off the A512, St. Mary’s has car parking and a pedestrian path up to the church door. The church hosts baptisms, weddings and funerals, and holds worship on the second Sunday of each month. Occasionally we hold Sunday morning services in Viscount Beaumont Primary School and a ‘Messy Church’. Messy Church is an informal way of exploring the Christian faith for young families. It involves crafts – often messy! – worship, and Bible stories. Our Rector, the Revd Mary Gregory and the church family stand ready to welcome you into their warm, friendly, informal community with a heart to serve the village and the wider area.
For detail of services and times please see the church Facebook page or subscribe to their newsletter at St. Mary’s, Coleorton, email news (coleortonheritage.org.uk)
Viscount Beaumont’s CE (Aided) Primary School
The school was established and endowed by Viscount Beaumont in 1702, and was rebuilt by Canon Beaumont in 1867. Since then it has been extended and modernised but many of the original attractive features remain. Today the school is a co-education Primary Day School.